Monday, June 1, 2009

So much to do...

I have never known how much really goes in to planning a wedding! As far and time and money. I always know it was a lot of money, but I don't know it is just so much money. Talk about starting off a marriage broke!! I don't even know where to start. There is just SO MUCH to do. I have been trying to get a date from Melvin, (my fiance) but with him being at Marine Corp training school and not knowing when he will have to go to war it makes it hard to pick a date. He told me "between November or May." That is just a very big time gap. I would like to have it in February or May myself, but that just seems so far away!! Other then that I really need a job so I can start saving up money...because as of today I am broke.

But as for as the things I have been thinking about are my colors and these are the themes I have come up with: for May yellows and oranges and for February blues. I called David Bridals today to see if I can order swatches of the colors I like and I can they are a dollar a swatch, so I think after I get those I will be able to pick the final colors. I have also picked out a couple of wedding dresses I would like to look at, but that is going to be the last thing I buy because I am planning on loss a lot of weight!! Other then that I need to work on the guest list. I am also going to make my own invitations, so I need to start those as well. As you can see I have a lot to get started on.

1 comment:

  1. i totally understand. it really is a LOT of work. but my advice...just take it a step at a time. pick a date. then pick a place. then pick your colors. start simple with things and if you want them more extravagant, build them slowly! also...set a budget! and don't go over it. decide how much you can spend on each thing and stop at or before the limit. you SO don't want to start out married life with more baggage. it is already a transition that requires all of your energy. best wishes and happy planning! anytime you need help, i'm totally here. :)

    ReplyDelete